The iPhone is not just a fun phone to have. It’s actually a great tool for business owners. Among the millions of apps available, there’s some that are very useful for businesses, especially if you are a small business owner who needs to stay on top of things. Since social networking has reached an all time high, it was only a matter of time before the need to stay connected through your iPhone became a must. The rise of social media has helped news spread like wildfire and in order to keep up with the newest topics, you’ll need to download these 10 social apps for your iPhone as soon as possible.
1. Facebook: The Facebook for iPhone app currently has 45,907,786 active users, a number that is growing every day. This app will allow you to keep up with your business’s Facebook fan page wherever you are. Check out your news feed, update your profile, check your messages and see what your fans are saying about your company all from your mobile phone.
2. LinkedIn: LinkedIn for the iPhone allows you to put your professional network in the palm of your hands, literally. Connect with over 50 million professionals worldwide in real-time. Imagine yourself walking into a client meeting with the ability to look up the profile of your new contact and make a permanent connection online. The LinkedIn app allows you to find the person, information or company that can help you close a deal and allows you to get the latest updates from your contacts, interact and respond to them any time from any location.
3. Hootsuite: Use your Hootsuite iPhone app to manage multiple Twitter accounts, update your Facebook profile and fan pages, translate Twitter messages from over 50 languages and schedule messages to send. You can also add geo-location coordinates to your tweets to let your employees and customers know where you are.
4. WordPress: Manage your company blog from your iPhone with the WordPress for iPhone app. Moderate comments and create and edit posts and pages quickly and easily from any location.
5. Foursquare: Keep up with your Foursquare account from your iPhone with this app. You’ll be able to see where your employees, friends and clients are in your city or surrounding cities. Get notification updates to your phone too. Also you’ll be able to view a social city-guide that helps you find nearby places that will reward you for stopping by or near. It’s easy to become the “mayor” of your favorite spot when you can update your account from your phone.
6. Twitteriffic: This Twitter app features a built-in browser that lets you follow tweeted links without leaving the application. Users can post tweets to their account, view other tweets from contacts and update a location. There’s a free (ad-supported) version as well as a paid version.
7. Myspace: The Myspace iPhone app allows you to stay in touch with your social network, send and receive messages, view your contacts and read their statuses as well as upload photos from phone.